4.30.2010

MAD SCIENTIST!

So I haven't reached the point of crazy and I'm no were near Mad in any form of the word but I'm finding that deep down I love chemistry labs! Maybe it's all the chemicals that are floating around giving me a high for the four hours I'm in there. Perhaps its the super fashionable goggles that leave you with the ring of awesomeness around your eyes. I would also like to say that it stems from all the times I would wake up as a boy to watch this wonderful old man do science experiments. What is even better is that his name was Mr. Wizard, sweet right?



But it could still also be from Ghostbusters! Egon was a total nerd but was a hero because they figured out how to use energy beams to track and trap ghosts. As a Biology major I can't help but love this response:



 That's how I get all the ladies. It could also be the opportunity to build up my pride and superiority complex by knowing words that are almost more complicated than their meanings.



but sadly deep down I know that it is mostly because I thoroughly enjoy being precise or because I'm anal or dare I say a perfectionist! ME!? no it can't be true!? but sadly it is my friends it is.

I'm currently taking a class called Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis (Chem 223) which is a class structured to teach students the benefits of being precise...ect. We are rewarded for doing the tediously accurate measurements that I compulsively do anyway! Even when baking I tend to have this problem!

My last reason for loving this class has to be because of the excitement and enthusiasm of my professor. Dr. Macedone. He simply is just a great teacher and the best way to describe it is to say that I feel like if John Bytheway was a chemistry professor the class wouldn't be much different. He told us his favorite Chem joke which goes: What do you do with a dead chemist? Answer: Ba! (For those of you who don't speak chemistry Ba is the symbol for the element Barium!) They even look similar! hooray for the average clean cut nice white boy! soon enough we'll be a minority just you wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment